Crab and Artichoke Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 151
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 8.7g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 521mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green ripe or pimiento-stuffed olives
- About 1/3 cup mayonnaise or plain nonfat yogurt
- 3/4 pound shelled cooked Dungeness crab
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- 3 jars (6 oz. each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 8 to 10 large iceberg or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 8 to 10 firm-ripe tomato slices (about 3 1/2 in. wide and 1/2 in. thick)
- 1. Mix celery, olives, and 1/3 cup mayonnaise. Gently mix in crab. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- 2. Drain artichokes and save marinade. If artichoke hearts are whole, cut lengthwise into halves or quarters.
- 3. Place a lettuce leaf on each plate and lay a slice of tomato on the lettuce. Mound crab mixture equally onto tomato slices and arrange artichokes beside tomatoes. Drizzle salads lightly with artichoke marinade.
- 4. If desired, top crab mixture with a small dollop of mayonnaise. Dust salads lightly with paprika.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note