Crab, Apple and Watercress Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
Photo: © Petrina Tinslay
Sweet-tasting lump crab is sold precooked, so it's perfect for a fast meal. Melissa Rubel uses it here in a crunchy salad that gets a double dose of nutty flavor from walnuts and walnut oil.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunch(es) of watercress, thick stems discarded (about 14 ounces)
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab, picked over and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, whisk the vinegar with the shallot and mustard. Whisk in the walnut and olive oils and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the watercress with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. In another medium bowl, gently toss the crab with the celery, apple, walnuts and the remaining dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the watercress to plates, top with the crab salad and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes