This is a delicious way to use leftover crabmeat! It's pretty easy to make, and it's a very elegant appetizer.
Crab Appetizer Napoleons
The crabmeat-cream cheese filling in these tasty appetizers is flavored with a bit of horseradish...sliced green onions and almonds add both crunch and color. Tip: To soften the cream cheese, remove from the wrapper. Place the cheese onto a microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds or until softened. Recipe from Campbell's Kitchen.
Thaw: 40 Minutes
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 8-ounce package(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 can(s) (about 6 ounces) refrigerated pasteurized crabmeat, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced almonds
- • Heat the oven to 400°F.
- • Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 12 (2-inch) circles with a cutter. Place the pastry circles onto a baking sheet.
- • Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split each pastry into 2 layers, making 24 in all.
- • Stir the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in the milk, horseradish, black pepper and crabmeat.
- • Spread the crabmeat mixture on 12 bottom pastry layers. Top with the onions, almonds and top pastry layers. Sprinkle with the paprika.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note