Southern Living AUGUST 2007
1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
2. Melt butter with oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; stir in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until caramel colored. Add chopped onion, green pepper, and celery; cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add minced garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
3. Stir in chicken broth, white wine, and next 6 ingredients, and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Add shrimp. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
4. Stir in crabmeat; cook, stirring often, until thoroughly heated.
5. Spoon shrimp mixture into individual serving bowls. Spoon hot cooked rice on top of shrimp mixture. Garnish, if desired.
*2 (16-oz.) packages frozen unpeeled, raw shrimp, thawed according to package directions, may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Tony Chachere's Lite Creole Seasoning.
Go to full version of