Delightful recipe utilizing two of my favs - poblano pepper and crab. Due to my love of crab, I increase the amount by 10oz - I use a full 16oz of jumbo lump crab meat.
Crab-and-Goat Cheese Poblanos With Mango Salsa
More From Southern Living
Other: 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 229
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 20.6g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 277mg
- Calcium: 264mg
- 8 poblano chile peppers
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (8-ounce) block part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 (6-ounce) can lump crabmeat, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Mango Salsa
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- Broil chile peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat 5 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered.
- Place peppers in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers. Carefully cut peppers open lengthwise on one side, keeping stems intact; discard seeds. Set peppers aside.
- Process egg whites in a food processor until foamy. Add mozzarella cheese and next 5 ingredients, processing until blended.
- Place cheese mixture in a large bowl. Stir in crabmeat and next 3 ingredients.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly into peppers, pinching cut edges together to seal. Arrange stuffed peppers, seam side down, in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, covered, at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with Mango Salsa, and garnish, if desired.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes 1/4 cup salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine