- 8 poblano chile peppers
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (8-ounce) block part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 (6-ounce) can lump crabmeat, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Mango Salsa
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 229
- caloriesfromfat 39 %
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- monofat 2.3 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 17.5 g
- carbohydrate 20.6 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 36 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 277 mg
- calcium 264 mg
How to Make It
Broil chile peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat 5 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered.
Place peppers in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers. Carefully cut peppers open lengthwise on one side, keeping stems intact; discard seeds. Set peppers aside.
Process egg whites in a food processor until foamy. Add mozzarella cheese and next 5 ingredients, processing until blended.
Place cheese mixture in a large bowl. Stir in crabmeat and next 3 ingredients.
Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly into peppers, pinching cut edges together to seal. Arrange stuffed peppers, seam side down, in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake, covered, at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with Mango Salsa, and garnish, if desired.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes 1/4 cup salsa.