Crab and Corn Chowder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 10 slice(s) Bacon
- 3 Large Red Potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 3 stalk(s) Celery Chopped
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion Chopped
- 1 Small Red Pepper Chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) Italian Parsley Finely Chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoon(s) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can(s) Chicken Broth
- 1 quart(s) Milk
- 1 pint(s) Heavy Cream
- 3 cup(s) Corn Kernels fresh from cob or a bad of frozen
- 1 pound(s) Cooked lump crab meat (recommend Phillip's)
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a deep pot over moderate heat. Cook the bacon. Add celery, onion, and red bell pepper to the bacon and grease and cook a minute or two. Add butter, parsley and potatoes. Season vegetables with salt and pepper and Old Bay seasoning. Sauté veggies 5 minutes, then sprinkle in flour. Cook flour 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and combine. Stir in milk and combine. Stir in heavy cream. Bring soup up to a bubble. Add corn and crab meat and simmer soup 5 minutes. Adjust the soup seasonings – may need to add more Old Bay, pepper and a little season salt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margiek123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crab and Corn Chowder Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews