Bland. Needs a lot of doctoring.
"We live on the Eastern shore, where we can walk out back to our dock and pluck Maryland blue crab from our crab pots. We often serve this soup for company; it freezes well, so we make a lot to have plenty of levtovers for ourselves."
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 16.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.1g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 452mg
- Calcium: 233mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 2 cups diced red potato
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 thyme sprig
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup chopped chanterelle or other fresh wild mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add corn and next 7 ingredients (corn through thyme sprig); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and evaporated milk in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Add cornstarch mixture to soup; simmer 5 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and crab; remove thyme sprig. Ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with chives, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note