More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 128
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sodium: 71mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- salt to taste
- 1. Peel 3 pounds of carrots (about 1/4 lb. each).
- 2. Set 1 carrot at a time, flattest side down, between and parallel to 2 matching square dowels (plastic or wood) about 3/8 inch thick and 10 to 12 inches long.
- 3. With a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts down to dowels, 1/4 inch apart, along the length of the carrot. Then cut the carrot in half lengthwise through the center of the crosscuts and cut or break each carrot half into 4 or 5 equal pieces.
- 4. Put carrots in a 10- by 15-inch rimmed pan. Mix with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger.
- 5. Bake in a 400° oven until carrots are well browned and taste slightly caramelized, 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes (about 50 minutes in a convection oven). Turn often with a wide spatula and move pieces that are less cooked to perimeter of pan. Season with salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables