Cowboy Steak with Whiskey Butter
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 shallots, minced soaked in 2 Tbsp Jack Daniels or other Whiskey f
- 3 teaspoon(s) minced curly parlsey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dion mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) Jack Daniels or other whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fine-grain sea salt
- 2 bone-in rib-eye steaks (1 lb each, 1 inch thick)
- 1. Prepare Whiskey Butter. In a medium bowl, mash or stir the butter with a fork until it is smooth and slightly fluffy. Add the shallots soaked in whiskey, parsley, Worcestershire, mustard, Jack Daniels, salt, and pepper. Mix together, mashing with the back of the fork to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated. Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.
- 2. Roll the butter in plastic wrap and smooth out to form round logs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Refrigerate until firm and easy to slice.
- 3. Grill Steak: Build a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill. Allow the meat to come to room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Wrap the meat in paper towels to get rid of excess moisture. Just before grilling, remove the towels and brush both sides of the steaks with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 4. Place the steaks on the grates over medium-hot heat and grill for about 5 minutes. Turn the steaks and continue cooking for about 5 minutes more for medium-rare. Remove the steaks from the grill. Place a slice of the Whiskey Butter on each steak and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes, but no longer than 10 minutes, before serving.
- 5. When ready to serve, spread melted butter across top of the steaks and place another piece of cold Whiskey Butter on each steak. Serve the steaks warm with the butter. Top with chopped parsley, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sweetnlow257 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note