- 2 (16-oz.) cans seasoned pinto beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 1/2 cups shredded Braised Beef Brisket
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/4 cup pan drippings from Braised Beef Brisket*
- 1 (9-oz.) package round tortilla chips
- 1 (8-oz.) block Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Pico de Gallo
- Toppings: guacamole, sour cream, pickled jalapeño pepper slices
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Cook first 4 ingredients and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Cook brisket in hot oil in a skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in taco sauce and pan drippings; cook 2 minutes.
Divide chips, bean mixture, brisket mixture, cheese, and 1 cup Pico de Gallo among 3 pie plates.
Bake at 425° for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with remaining Pico de Gallo and desired toppings.
*1/4 cup beef broth may be substituted.
Pico de Gallo: Stir together 6 plum tomatoes, chopped; 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion; 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro; 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice; 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced; 1 garlic clove, minced; and 1/2 tsp. salt. Makes 3 1/2 cups. Hands-on time: 15 min. Total time: 15 min.
Note: Nachos can be baked as directed in 2 batches on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, topping each batch with 1 cup Pico de Gallo.