I made these for my husband and he gave them a 10. We rate recipes from a low of 1 and 10 as tops. The first cowboy cookies that we had were made in a small bakery in San Juan Bautista. They make them a few times a year. They never used Choc. Chips. My husband likes these without and with the chips. Next time I am going to use the mini Choc Chips and only 1/2 cup.
I got this recipe from a friend recipe but I changed a few of the amounts. They are wonderful cookies, especially because of the coconut and oats!
350' Degrees: 0 Minute
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 stick(s) butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup(s) sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3/4 cup(s) white sugar
- Mix first 5 dry ingredients together. Cream softened butter until well beaten. Then beat in sugar, then eggs and then vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Then add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees on cookie sheets checking for when they are golden brown and done enough :)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kjacker and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note