- 8 cups salad greens
- 1 cup canned red kidney or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned or frozen (thawed) corn, drained
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cooked chicken-breast halves, sliced into strips
- 4-oz can chopped green chiles, drained, optional
- Reduced-fat ranch dressing, optional
- Tortilla chips, optional
- Salsa, optional
- calories (1/4 recipe): 389
- fat 20 g
- satfat 6 g
- sodium 655 mg
- cholesterol 67 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 5 minutes
Put 2 cups of greens on each plate. Place 1/4 cup each of beans, corn, and diced tomatoes around greens.
Top with chicken strips, 1/4 cup cheese and chiles, if desired. Serve with dressing, chips, and salsa, if desired.
How kids can help: Drain and rinse beans; measure ingredients.