Easy and very tasty - although it needed some salt and pepper. It was a bit on the bland side for my taste so I added a can of green chiles and some chipotle pepper flakes and topped it with a little cheese on serving. (It probably would have benefited from some cumin as well but I didn't have any.) I will definitely make it again.
Easy Slow Cooker recipe with southwestern flare. Pulled chicken recipe that can be eaten over rice. Great with corn bread! Family favorite. Found on http://www.momswhothink.com/crock-pot-recipes/slow-cooker-cowboy-chicken.html
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 2 cup(s) Salsa
- 15 ounce(s) canned corn
- 15 ounce(s) canned black beans
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 package(s) Near East Spanish Rice
- 1. Place chicken in a 5-6 quart greased slow cooker.
- 2. In medium bowl mix brown sugar, mustard, and salsa.
- 3. Pour mixture over chicken. Add water to cover chicken, if needed. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- 4. With 30 minutes of cook time remaining remove the lid and shred the chicken using two forks.
- 5. Add the beans, corn, and sour cream to the slow cooker and mix together with the chicken. Replace lid and cook for remaining 30 minutes.
- 6. Serve over rice with sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LisaRoe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note