Couscous with Toasted Pine Nuts
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) yellow onion (1) chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 cup(s) couscous plain
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley minced
- 1. Toast the pine nuts by placing them in a dry saute pan and cooking over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often (do not take your eyes off of them) until lightly browned. Set aside.
- 2. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender but not browned.
- 3. Add the chicken stock, salt, pepper and bring to a full boil. Stir in the couscous, turn off the heat, cover, and allow to steam for 10 minutes. For KIDS: set aside their portions plain.
- 4. Stir in the pine nuts and parsley and serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Couscous with Toasted Pine Nuts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables