Looks wonderful, and so quick! I'll try this one for sure. I have my doubts about e nutritional info, however... Surely to goodness this cannot yield almost 600 Cals per serving!?... For the entire dish, perhaps... Any comments?
Couscous with Chicken, Chickpeas and Apricots
Make dinner Middle Eastern by adding chopped rotisserie chicken to a mixture of couscous, chickpeas, apricots and almonds and serving alonside a bed of mixed greens.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 581
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 10g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 622mg
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded cooked boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 8 cups chopped romaine or mixed salad greens
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous and 1/2 tsp. salt; cover and remove from heat. Let stand until couscous is tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, fluff with a fork and let cool slightly.
- 2. Whisk together oil, lemon juice and cumin. Pour over couscous and toss to coat. Stir in chicken, chickpeas, almonds, apricots and scallions. Season with salt and serve over lettuce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note