This was just ok for my family. I did cut the oil in half. DD didn't like the vinegar taste. I wasn't big on the almonds. Probably won't make again.
Couscous with Apricot Vinaigrette
Photo: Beatriz Da Costa
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 305
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 324mg
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 7g
- 1 10-ounce box couscous
- 1/4 cup apricot jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions (white and green parts), chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) roasted almonds, chopped
- Place the couscous in a serving bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and stir. Cover tightly and let stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the jam in a small saucepan over medium heat or in a microwave on low until bubbling, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from heat. Immediately add the vinegar, then the oil, and mix until combined. Season with the salt and pepper; set aside.
Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir in the scallions and almonds. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Serve warm.
Tip: This slightly sweet side dish is an ideal accompaniment to grilled or roasted pork or chicken. You can also drizzle the vinaigrette over rice or quinoa instead of couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables