This is delicious! I used black beans because I could not find black soybeans, I made my own basil lime vinaigrette and I roasted my sweet potatoes with a little olive oil and salt and pepper! We will definitely make this a regular recipe at our house!
Couscous, Sweet Potato, and Black Soybean Salad
Choose this lime-basil-infused salad—with chunks of beta-carotene-laced sweet potatoes and tender, high-fiber, protein-rich black soybeans—for a healthy meatless main dish you can have on the table in 15 minutes.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes; Other: 5 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 228
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Carbohydrate: 39.8g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 287mg
- Calcium: 102mg
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup wheat couscous
- 1 (16-ounce) package refrigerated cubed peeled sweet potato (such as Glory)
- 1/4 cup fat-free lime-basil vinaigrette (such as Maple Grove Farms)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black soybeans (such as Eden Organic), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 5 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1. Bring 3/4 cup water to boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 2. While couscous stands, place sweet potato on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Combine vinaigrette, pepper, and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add couscous, sweet potato, soybeans, and spinach; toss gently to coat. Top each serving with cheese; sprinkle evenly with onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note