Delicious, fast and very tender! We didn't have the Feta, but really enjoyed it with a bit of extra garlic and herbs. Found that holding it together with twine rather than tooth-picks worked best as it allowed all sides to be browned evenly.
Stuff chicken breasts with a savory mixture of couscous, tomato, olive and feta cheese for an elegant, Mediterranean-style meal that’s fit for company.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 31.9g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 546mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1/3 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1. Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in couscous. Cover and let stand 4 minutes. Place couscous in a small bowl; fluff with a fork. Cool for 10 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and next 8 ingredients (through garlic); toss.
- 2. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Divide couscous mixture evenly among breast halves; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Secure with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 4. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook for 6 minutes or until browned; turn chicken over. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note