Couscous, sausage, and raisin stuffed acorn squash
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 whole(s) medium acorn squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 2 cup(s) israeli couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) golden raisins
- 1 whole(s) sweet onion, chopped fine
- 4 clove(s) large garlic, minced
- 2 links italian sausage
- 1/3 cup(s) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh sage, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) sherry
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded parmesan
- 1. Position oven rack about 8 inches from heating element and heat broiler. Coat squash with 1 Tbsp oil, and place flesh side down on large MW-safe plate. Cover and MW 12-16 minutes until soft.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine couscous, raisins, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Bring water to boil, pour over couscous, stir to combine, and cover tightly. Fluff with fork after 5 minutes.
- 3. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Cook sausage (crumbling as it cooks), about 3 minutes. Add onion and pine nuts, cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sage, 30 seconds.
- 4. Off heat, combine couscous, onion mixture and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 5. Transfer squash, cut side up, to rimmed baking sheet. Mound couscous mixture into squash halves and pack down lightly with palm. Top with remaining cheese and broil until lightly browned - 4-5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note