I brought this dish to a moroccan dinner party, and everybody loved it!
Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons diced preserved lemon*
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- Combine couscous and 1/4 cup hot water in a bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly stir lemon juice and next 7 ingredients into couscous mixture. Mound mixture in center of a serving platter. Top with tomato. Surround base of mound with endive leaves. Serve at room temperature.
- *You can order a 17-ounce jar ($12) from LaVigne Fruits, 760/723-9997 or lavignefruits.com.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note