This healthy stuffing is made with couscous and gets both flavor and color from red bell pepper, sun-dried tomato, spinach and crumbled bacon.
More From Health
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 223mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium chopped red bell pepper
- 2 (6.3-ounce) boxes Israeli couscous
- 3 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 6 minutes. Add couscous, and cook 5 more minutes. Add broth, tomato, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook, covered, over medium-low heat 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- 3. Cook the bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble and reserve. Wipe skillet.
- 4. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add spinach; cook 1 minute.
- 5. Add spinach, bacon, and lemon juice to couscous mixture; toss to combine. Transfer stuffing to 11- x 7-inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray, and cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This