Courtyard Bistro Asian Chicken Salad with Chili-Lime Vinaigrette
"One, two punch with chili and lime" by Beverly Mills (with Alicia Ross), United Feature Syndicate. Using prepackaged, chopped and shredded vegetables and grilled chicken, leftovers or store-bought cooked chicken are ways to cut preparation time. Recipe from the Marriott Courtyard Hotel Bistro restaurant. Recipe may easily be doubled or more. Desperation Dinners. Winston-Salem Journal: August 31, 2011.
- 1 chicken cutlet (3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) Thai chili sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup(s) thinly shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup(s) thinly sliced cucumber, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup(s) thinly sliced scallions, divided use
- 1/3 cup(s) crushed, lightly salted roasted peanuts, divided use
- 1/2 lime, for garnish, if desired
- 1. Grill or pan-fry the chicken cutlet over medium-high heat until cooked through and golden on the outside, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let cool two minutes, then slice thinly. 2. While the chicken cooks, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice and Thai chili sauce. 3. When the chicken is ready, add it to the bowl along with the cabbages, cucumber, lettuce and carrots. Add half each of the scallions and peanuts. Toss well to coat with dressing. Place salad in a serving bowl and top with remaining scallions and peanuts. Garnish with lime slices, if desired, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note