Court Bouillon Of Redfish
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 medium-size green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14-ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup fish stock (page 132) or water
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 thin slices lemon
- 4 pounds redfish fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped green onion
- Lemon wedges
- Combine oil and flour in a large stock pot; cook over medium heat 30 minutes or until roux is the color of a copper penny, stirring frequently.
- Stir in green pepper, onion, celery, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes; cook, uncovered, over low heat 1 hour or until oil begins to separate around edge of stock pot; stir occasionally.
- Stir in next 8 ingredients; cook, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add fish, and cook 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve over hot cooked rice in individual serving bowls. Garnish with chopped green onion and lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This