Country Vegetable Soup
Community Recipe from
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 leeks sliced
- 2 celery sticks sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 4 ripe tomatoes skinned and chopped
- 4 cup(s) chicken or vegetable stock
- bouquet garni
- 1 cup(s) green beans chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- chopped fresh herbs such as tarragon, thyme, chives and parsley to garnish
- 1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onion and leeks gently until soft but not coloured.
- 2. Add the celery, carrots, and turnips and cook them for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomatoes and stock, add the bouquet garni and simmer the vegetables gently for about 20 minutes.
- 3. Add the beans to the soup and continue to cook until all the vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper and served garnished with chopped herbs.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JamesMonroe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note