I can't put my finger on what makes this sauce so good, since it's pretty standard ingredients...but it's fantastic! I used the petite cut tomatoes so it wouldn't be so chunky. This is now my "go-to" sauce!
Make traditional spaghetti and meatballs in a flash by taking a shortcut with frozen meatballs and an easy sauce of canned tomatoes, tomato paste and dried herbs.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 3 dozen frozen, cooked Italian-style meatballs, thawed
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes. Add meatballs; simmer 20 minutes. Serve over pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note