- 3 to 4 pounds country-style ribs, cut into 6 serving-size pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
How to Make It
Combine ribs, sliced onion, and water to cover in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until ribs are tender. Drain and set aside.
Sauté chopped onion and garlic in butter in a medium saucepan until tender. Stir in catsup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Place ribs on grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 20 to 30 minutes, turning and basting frequently with sauce.