Country Smothered Pork Chops from The Dinner Bell
Photo: Oxmoor House
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (1 1/2-inch-thick) boneless center-cut pork chops
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons browning-and-seasoning sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2. Rub 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper all over pork chops. Dredge chops in flour, shaking off excess. Fry chops, in batches, in hot oil 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Arrange chops in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; top with sliced onion. Combine broth and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour broth mixture over chops in dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 1 hour or until chops are tender. Serve over rice, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note