- 1/2 pound untrimmed boneless pork, cubed
- 1/2 pound boneless veal, cubed
- 1/2 pound pork fat
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground summer savory
How to Make It
Grind together pork, veal, and fat into a mixing bowl using fine blade of meat grinder. Repeat procedure. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
Shape sausage mixture into a roll, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap roll in waxed paper, and refrigerate overnight to blend seasonings.
Slice sausage roll into 1/2-inch thick patties. Cook patties in skillet over medium heat until browned on both sides, turning once. Drain; serve immediately.