- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
How to Make It
Combine flour, thyme, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in flour mixture. Combine any remaining flour mixture with broth; set aside.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
In same skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice and cook 1 minute. Add reserved broth mixture and bring to a boil. Return chicken and any chicken juices to skillet and simmer uncovered until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.