Country Ham with Redeye Gravy
"For true redeye gravy," Roevis says, "you must use caffeinated coffee for the pick-me-up quality."
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 (12-ounce) slices boneless country ham
- Stir together coffee and sugar; let mixture cool.
- Cook ham in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove ham, and keep warm, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add coffee mixture to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom; bring to a boil. Boil, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half (about 15 minutes). Serve immediately with ham.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This