- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped country ham
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to Make It
Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels; set aside.
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Whisk in broth and whipping cream gradually; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in spinach, ham, and remaining ingredients; cook until thoroughly heated.