- 8 ciabatta bread slices*
- 4 teaspoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 (1-oz.) fontina cheese slices
- 4 ounces thinly sliced country ham, prosciutto, or Serrano ham
- 2 medium peaches (about 3/4 lb.), unpeeled and sliced
- 4 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
Spread each of 4 bread slices with 1 tsp. mustard, and sprinkle with desired amount of freshly ground pepper. Layer with cheese, ham, peaches, and, if desired, honey. Top with remaining bread slices, and press together gently. Brush sandwiches with olive oil.
Cook sandwiches, in batches, in a preheated panini press 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. (Or use a preheated nonstick grill pan, and cook sandwiches over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side.) Serve immediately.
*Any firm white bread may be substituted.