- 1 (12-ounce) package thinly sliced country ham
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (8.75-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 large eggs, poached
- Swiss Cheese Sauce
How to Make It
Brown country ham in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove ham from skillet, and keep warm.
Stir together cornmeal and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Stir together 2 beaten eggs, buttermilk, cream-style corn, and vegetable oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased nonstick skillet. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook other side.
Top each pancake with 1 poached egg, country ham, and warm Swiss Cheese Sauce.