Easy meal to prepare... It was delicious, everyone enjoyed the meal.
Country Ham Carbonara
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Vanessa McNeil Rocchio
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 (9-oz.) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 3/4 cup chopped country ham
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups hot pasta water.
- 2. Cook ham in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove ham, reserving drippings in skillet. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Sauté shallots in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add reserved pasta water to shallots and garlic; bring to boil. Stir in hot cooked pasta, and remove from heat. Stir in egg yolks, 1 at a time.
- 4. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until creamy. Remove from heat; add cooked ham, Parmesan cheese, and remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes