- 1 (9-oz.) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 3/4 cup chopped country ham
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups hot pasta water.
Cook ham in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove ham, reserving drippings in skillet. Drain on paper towels.
Sauté shallots in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add reserved pasta water to shallots and garlic; bring to boil. Stir in hot cooked pasta, and remove from heat. Stir in egg yolks, 1 at a time.
Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until creamy. Remove from heat; add cooked ham, Parmesan cheese, and remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.