Tucked into tender biscuits, this ham recipe makes the perfect appetizer or brunch offering.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (12- to 14-pound) uncooked country ham
- 2 quarts cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- Hot biscuits
- Place ham in a large container. Add water to cover, and soak 24 hours. Drain. Scrub ham 3 to 4 times in cold water with a stiff brush, and rinse well.
- Place ham, fat side up, in a large roasting pan. Pour vinegar over ham; sprinkle with cloves. Cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake at 325° for 4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140°. Remove from oven, and cool slightly. Slice ham, and serve with hot biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note