Country Green Beans
Yield: 12 to 14 servings
- 4 pounds fresh green beans
- 1 (12-ounce) package bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 10 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Red pepper relish (optional)
- Remove strings from beans; wash and remove tough ends. Set beans aside.
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan until crisp; drain on paper towels, and set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup bacon drippings in pan.
- Sauté onion in reserved bacon drippings until tender. Add beans; cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring well. Add water; cover and cook 30 minutes or until beans are tender. Add salt, pepper, and reserved bacon; stir well. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle relish over top for garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables