Country-Fried Steak With Creamy Salsa Gravy
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cubed sirloin steaks
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, 1 can drained and 1 can undrained
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- Whisk together milk and egg in a medium bowl. Stir together flour and chili seasoning packet in a shallow bowl. Dip steaks in egg mixture; dredge in flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Fry steaks in hot oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Keep steaks warm in a 225° oven.
- Stir in drained and undrained tomatoes and green chiles, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with steaks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine