Country-Fried Catfish With Hush Puppies
- 12 (3/4-pound) dressed catfish
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Green onion fans (optional)
- Tartar sauce
- Hush Puppies
- Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry, and set aside.
- Combine flour and breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl; set aside. Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper, mixing well. Dip fish in egg mixture, and dredge in flour mixture.
- Carefully drop fish into deep hot oil (375°). Fry 12 minutes or until fish float to the top and are golden brown. Drain. Reserve oil for frying Hush Puppies.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter; garnish with green onion fans, if desired. Serve hot with tartar sauce and Hush Puppies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes