Country-Fried Catfish With Hush Puppies
- 12 (3/4-pound) dressed catfish
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Green onion fans (optional)
- Tartar sauce
- Hush Puppies
- Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry, and set aside.
- Combine flour and breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl; set aside. Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper, mixing well. Dip fish in egg mixture, and dredge in flour mixture.
- Carefully drop fish into deep hot oil (375°). Fry 12 minutes or until fish float to the top and are golden brown. Drain. Reserve oil for frying Hush Puppies.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter; garnish with green onion fans, if desired. Serve hot with tartar sauce and Hush Puppies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note