Crunchy-Topped Savory Spinach Casserole
More From Country Crock
Amount per serving
- Calories from fat: 60
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- 4 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 boxes (10 oz. ea.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook green onions, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in pepper and nutmeg. Stir in spinach. Turn into greased 1-quart shallow casserole.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons Spread, melted, with bread crumbs, then sprinkle over spinach. Broil until golden, about 1 minute.
- TIP: Use 2 bags (10 oz. ea.) spinach, cooked, instead of frozen spinach.
- Cost per recipe*: $3.42. Cost per serving*: $0.57. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crunchy-Topped Savory Spinach Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes Like This