- 4 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 boxes (10 oz. ea.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- caloriesfromfat 60
- fat 6 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- sodium 190 mg
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 3 g
How to Make It
Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook green onions, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in pepper and nutmeg. Stir in spinach. Turn into greased 1-quart shallow casserole.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons Spread, melted, with bread crumbs, then sprinkle over spinach. Broil until golden, about 1 minute.
TIP: Use 2 bags (10 oz. ea.) spinach, cooked, instead of frozen spinach.
Cost per recipe*: $ Cost per serving*: $ *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.