Country Cream Gravy
Notes: You can prepare through step 2 up to 1 day ahead; cool, cover, and chill. Return to high heat and continue with step 3.
This recipe goes with Drumstick Crown Roast
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 87
- Calories from fat: 78%
- Protein: 2.2g
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 2.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 49mg
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Drumstick crown roast drippings
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, frequently stir onion in butter until onion is limp and pale gold, about 5 minutes. Add nutmeg and flour and stir until golden, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Remove pan from heat. Gradually whisk in broth, cream, and wine until smooth. Return to high heat and stir until boiling. Reduce heat; simmer gently, stirring often, until mixture is reduced to about 2 cups, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Skim fat from drumstick crown roast drippings and discard. Scrape juices and any browned bits into gravy; turn heat to high and stir until boiling vigorously. Pour into a gravy boat or small serving bowl.
- Nutritional analysis per serving of gravy (not including drippings).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments