Country Cornbread Muffins With Jalapeños
No time to stop and chop? Substitute 2 to 3 tablespoons of jarred chopped jalapeños for the fresh peppers.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 muffin and 1 teaspoon spread)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 22.6g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 316mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Calcium: 78mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup yogurt-based spread (such as Brummel & Brown)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, corn, peppers, and egg. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, filling three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans immediately; place on a wire rack. Serve warm with spread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note