Country Cornbread Dressing
To save time, purchase cornbread from your supermarket deli...just be sure that it's savory, not sweet, cornbread.
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 6 1/2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 8 slices day-old bread, torn
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, slices
- Combine all ingredients except butter in a very large bowl; mix well. Spoon into a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; dot with butter. Cover and cook on low setting 6 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note