- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- calories 470
- caloriesfromfat 10 %
- fat 5 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 1.5 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 33.5 g
- carbohydrate 72.3 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 332 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag, and shake until chicken is well coated.
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add margarine. Place over medium heat until margarine melts. Add chicken; cook until browned. Drain and pat dry. Wipe drippings from Dutch oven.
Coat Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add green pepper and next 7 ingredients; saute 5 minutes. Add raisins, tomato, and chicken; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in rice and turmeric. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
To serve, place 1 cup rice on each plate. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over rice.