This is delicious. It's a perfect summer salad.
Country Apple Slaw
Photo: Jean Allsopp
- 2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pepitos (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- Combine apples and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss vinaigrette with apple mixture; cover and chill up to 4 hours. Sprinkle with pepitos.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note