This is delicious. It's a perfect summer salad.
Country Apple Slaw
Photo: Jean Allsopp
What makes this recipe stand out is the balance of sweet, sour, and salty flavors. To prevent the apples from turning brown, be sure they're well coated with dressing before chilling.
Yield: Makes 8 cups
- 2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pepitos (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- Combine apples and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss vinaigrette with apple mixture; cover and chill up to 4 hours. Sprinkle with pepitos.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads