COUNRY GRITS & SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) Water
- 1/2 cup(s) Quick Grits Uncooked
- 3 1/2 cup(s) Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 4 Eggs Slightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) Whole Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Garlic (optional)
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Mild Sausage Cooked & drained
- Bring water to a boil; slowly stir in grits. Return to boil; reduce to low & cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cheese & stir until melted.
- Combine eggs, milk, thyme & garlic, stir. Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot grits into egg mixture; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring. Stir in sausage. Pour into lightly greased 11x7 dish. Cover & refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Bake uncovered @ 350 for 50 minutes or until set. Garnish with tomato wedges and parsley, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rhonda1950 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
COUNRY GRITS & SAUSAGE CASSEROLE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles
More Recipes for Main Dishes