Cottage Pudding With Lemon Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon Sauce
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely. Cut into 2- x 4 - inch bars. Place each bar on an individual serving plate, and spoon Lemon Sauce over top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This