Cottage Pudding With Lemon Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon Sauce
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely. Cut into 2- x 4 - inch bars. Place each bar on an individual serving plate, and spoon Lemon Sauce over top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note