Individual Shepherd's Pies: The unbaked pies can be refrigerated for up to 2 days; add 10 minutes to the baking time. Recipe by Kate Merker, January 2010; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/cottage-pies-recipe-00000000027587/index.html?xid=dailyrecnews-02-23-2012.
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Yukon Gold potatoes (about 4), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/3 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas and carrots
- 1. Heat oven to 425° F. Place the potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover.
- 2. Bring to a boil and add 1 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
- 3. Add the milk, butter, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the potatoes and mash.
- 4. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 5. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the peas and carrots.
- 6. Transfer the beef mixture to 4 individual baking dishes and top with the mashed potatoes. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note